Monday, February 1, 2021

Francis is a Skier ⛷

We've got another skier in the family!

Francis, who is 5, tried the kiddie slope a few times last year.  This year he started off there as well.  He had a private lesson on the kiddie slope, which was awesome and he learned how to go side-to-side and how to stop.  I knew he had improved a lot - but I didn't realize how much!  One snowy afternoon, he and his friend Franek (Polish name for Francis) took a lesson on the big slope.  And did great!!  Brian and I have subsequently taken him and Ellie skiing - and let's just say, I'm pretty sure they've surpassed by skiing ability!  Ellie definitely has - and she'll choose to go on Red slopes with Brian or her friends.  Whereas I like to stick to the Blue slopes.  I took Francis to the top of the Blue slope, which is terribly steep and icy at the beginning.  The first two times down that part were very rough - a bit of blood and lots of tears.  But he loved the rest of the run, and Brian took him back a few days later and he did amazing!

Nothing like skiing in the Alps with your kids =)
























No comments:

Post a Comment