Saturday, September 12, 2020

Window Boxes, Firewood, Chimney Sweepers & Plums

Just a few of my favorite “almost Fall” things here in Gaming!

It’s our first year having window flower boxes with flowers that really grew!  Thanks to my neighbors who keeping them alive the seven weeks we were gone this summer!


It’s our sixth year (I can’t believe it!) having our firewood delivered by tractor - and I love seeing it every time! And am extremely thankful for all our neighbors who help move it into our garage - the kids enjoyed “helping” this year too :)













Not pictured, but the chimney sweepers came and did their job.  Inspecting and vacuuming our chimney. They come several times every fall & winter to inspect our fireplace (our only source of heat besides some tiny space heaters).  Only once a year they typically sweep the chimney & I love it (except for the black soot that get everywhere)!



Another favorite- plums!
It’s our second year being able to pick them from our friend’s garden. (Garden means yard here; plums grow on trees :)
It’s my first year cooking with plums. So far I’ve made a plum cake and plum jam! Both were a hit with the kids :)







💗

No comments:

Post a Comment