Sunday, September 6, 2020

Family Bike Ride 🚵‍♀️

We went biking!  All of us!

One of my favorite childhood memories is bike riding with my entire family.  I remember my mom and dad's matching bikes, with matching yellow child-seats on the back of each.  With RyAnne and Shea riding on my parents' bikes, and Shannon and me riding on our own - we were able to ride around the "big circle" loop in Bowman Woods.

Yesterday, we went on our first family bike ride!  Due to the used bike trailer we bought, I didn't have anyone on my bike - rather, Brian pulled Isaac and Clare, who loved being in the little double-trailer.  Francis just switched to a bigger bike and is able to ride much further.  Ellie's been doing great on her bike for awhile, but has never had the opportunity to ride so far.

We drove about 30 minutes away to the town of Gostling and rode on the flat path through mostly farmland and fields along the river.  After 30 minutes we turned around and came back, stopping in Gostling at the creek where there was a small beach area and a place to buy ice cream.

It was a great first family bike ride, and we look forward to more to come! 






























No comments:

Post a Comment