Thursday, October 17, 2019

Isaac’s First Haircut

Yes, it's true - I have not always been in love with Isaac's red hair!  But I've always been in love with him!

But his bright "orange" hair has grown on me :)  And I was super excited to finally get to dress him like the little boy in the beautifully illustrated book The Boy With a Drum.





Finally on this past Sunday (October 13, 2019) - a month shy of him turning 2.5 years old - I gave Isaac his first haircut!  Or at least bang cut - as I realized it was totally in his eyes.  But I wasn't quite ready to part with the baby curls and didn't really know how to cut them...









So two days later, I brought him to our local hairdresser!  She was so sweet and at the end insisted his haircut was free and a present to us!  Apparently this is somewhat common here, for the "baby"'s first haircut to be free!  Although Isaac talked about getting his haircut all the way to the salon, he was silent while we were there.  And was very calm during the actual haircut.  He refused talking once we left and said he wanted to go to Spar to get 'puffs' - so that we did!













My little red head is growing up!  This one is anyway... as for  red head #2 - she's still teeny tiny ;)



FYI - The haircut has not improved his ability to not remove his diaper at inappropriate times!!










No comments:

Post a Comment