Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Brian Wrote a Book: Best Dad Ever

Brian wrote a book (and it's free)!

You can view/download it here: Best Dad Ever: How My Kids Introduced Me to God the Father.



Or you can listen to the free podcast of the book (available on iTunes OR Spotify, Google Podcasts & Podcast Player -- you can click on the links or search "Best Dad Ever" -- if listening to subsequent chapters on Spotify go to October 3, 2019 in the ShareJesus Podcast).  Each chapter is an episode - and the chapter intros feature the voices of Ellie and Francis!  


The book was released on October 1 -- in Brian's words, here's why he chose that date:  

"Today the Church honors St. Therese of Lisieux. She’s even called a Doctor of the Church, though she died at 24 and lived a hidden life of worldly insignificance. What was so profound about St Therese’s faith? She actually believed what Jesus said about His Father. She dared to trust in His goodness, in spite of her weaknesses. In the past seven years of learning how to be a dad, arguing with toddlers and negotiating with infants, I’ve become aware of my limitations and more aware of God the Father’s ridiculous love for me. This book is all about coming to know His goodness through my weird and stubborn kids."

October 1 was also the date that Brian proposed to me 8 years ago!  And it was the date that he started writing letters to his future wife - who turned out to be me - 12 years ago (more than 3 years before we met)!  When I said yes to Brian's proposal, I knew he would be an amazing husband!  I still had no idea what an incredible father he'd turn out to be!  Although the book is about God the Father, I believe my kids would totally agree with me that Brian is one of the best dads ever!  So despite what his 'critics' are saying (see his ad below) - you should totally read his book!  




It's available at Redeemed Online, where you can also read 2 blog posts that he wrote as an intro to the book!

The Sitcom Dad and God the Father





No comments:

Post a Comment