Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Waiting on Baby...

Like his older siblings, Baby's due date has come and passed!

His ultrasound showed that everything is perfect - head down, face down, body on my left side -- placenta, umbilical cord, and amniotic fluids looked good.  We saw his lips moving open and shut, and he had his hand resting on his forehead.

40 weeks + 1 day
The doctor estimated his weight at about 7.5 pounds...but when I told her how big Francis was (over 9 lbs) she said that I may hide babies well and she could definitely be off on the weight!  Judging by my own bump, I'd say he's definitely growing!  

38 weeks
39 weeks
Due Date
Today: 40 weeks + 1 day
I had a check-up with my midwife as well.  I was hooked up to a monitor and we listened to the baby's heartbeat for 30 minutes.  All was perfect!  Then my midwife examined me - my cervix is thinned (she didn't say what percent effaced) and I'm 3 cm dilated.  She then gave me an "internal massage" with an essential oil.  When she touched his head, the baby gave me quite the kick and that's when the massage ended!  She said this could stimulate labor for tonight...or a few days from now.  We'll meet her again in 3 days if the baby doesn't arrive before then!  Here's what the labor and delivery rooms look like:






The past few weeks have been very pleasant waiting for baby!  My friends threw a surprise Baby Shower for me after our Bible Study.  My mom was in town for it as well making it extra special!




The following day we had a planned Holy Hour for me and the baby at the TOR Sisters' chapel in their house at the Kartause.  It was so special to prayed over by all these amazing women!  I'm praying for a supernatural birth in the Lord's presence :)

Also of note in the days since my mom's been here...Francis had his first haircut!

Before
During
After
Ellie hasn't had her first haircut yet, but she has been getting her hair done "more beautifully" since my mom's been in town!


The past few days have been gorgeous - so we went ahead and gave the kids their gifts from their little brother - for being such the great big siblings they are!

Bat & ball
 Francis may need some help from Perfect Game
Rollerblades!
AND in the past two weeks, Brian and I both turned 35.  My birthday was slightly colder than his!

May 2 (Brian's birthday)
May 2
May 2
May 2 (Brian in all his glory - Ultimate Frisbee reigning champs!!)
April 19 (Courtney's birthday)
April 20 (two feet of snow)
This baby in utero has already traveled through Austria, and made visits to Hungary, Romania, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Italy, Vatican City, Malta, Spain, France, and Monaco.  No USA visits yet - but we'll head to Vienna to get his first passport in two weeks - and he'll make his first debut in mid-June.  Although he'll be born outside the US, he is a "natural born citizen" (doesn't have to go through a naturalization process to become a citizen) -- so Kissinger for President 2052 - watch out!!

Hopefully the next post will include a picture of  _________   _________  Kissinger!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment