Monday, May 8, 2017

Still waiting on Baby...

Now at 40 weeks and 6 days, this is officially the longest I've been pregnant!

(Ellie was born at 40 weeks and 5 days, and Francis was born at 40 weeks and 3 days).

40 weeks + 6 days
I've had two more check-ups with my midwife since my 40 week appointment.  On Saturday morning, we listened to his heartbeat for 30 minutes (CTG) and all was great - no contractions.  Then the doctor did an ultrasound - still looking good there!  With no signs of impending labor, we headed out for a boat ride on Lunz am See.




During this morning's appointment, we again listened to the baby's heartbeat for 30 minutes...but also tried some new things during that time!  First, my midwife gave me some natural pills (super tiny white little things - I can't imagine they'll do anything - but who knows!)  Then as just Brian and I were listening to the heartbeat - my midwife came back and told me that a female doctor who is trained in acupuncture was there and asked if I'd like to try that.  Sure!  She inserted 14 needles - from my feet up to my neck.  We left them in for about 30 minutes, with my midwife turning them every 10 minutes.  As she placed them I had a contraction (nothing major) and she showed me on the CTG reading how after they were inserted the contraction pattern became slightly wavy.  So that did something!  My midwife then examined me with the essential oil and said I'm slightly more dilated - about 4 cm now.  So now we're back to waiting!

Ellie is sooooo excited to meet her little brother!!
I love going on walks through the pastures near our home, and walking along the streams.  Along the way I often pass horses, cows, swans - and for the first time this weekend - sheep!  So fitting because Sunday was 'Good Shepherd Sunday' and the psalm for Sunday was equally fitting:

The Lord is my shepherd; there is nothing I shall want.

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
In verdant pastures he gives me repose;
beside restful waters he leads me;
he refreshes my soul.

He guides me in right paths
for his name's sake.
Even though I walk in the dark valley
I fear no evil; for you are at my side.
With your rod and your staff
that give me courage.

You spread the table before me
in the sight of my foes;
you anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows. 

Only goodness and kindness follow me
all the days of my life;
and I shall dwell in the house of the LORD
for years to come.

-Psalm 23: 1-6

Sheep

Swans



Although I'm so excited to meet this baby (and would really like him to come out before he's 10 lbs!!), I'm loving this time getting to enjoy the Lord's presence and His creation all around - and within - me.

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment