Thursday, February 17, 2022

Holy House of Loreto

On our way home from Assisi, we were blessed to visit the Holy House of Loreto!

This small house within the basilica is said to have been Mary’s house - the house in which the Annunciation occurred and God became man!!

 his sleep the “Mother of Good Counsel” rewarded his humility by answering his request in a dream.

“Know that his house,” [Mary said to Father Georgevich in a dream], “is the same in which I was born and brought up. Here, at the Annunciation….I conceived the Creator of all things. Here, the Word of the Eternal Father became man. The altar which was brought with the house was consecrated by Peter, the Prince of the Apostles. This house has now come to your shores by the power of God…”

For the full story click here: https://catholicism.org/loreto-house.html







Sitting in the basilica, with Jack on my lap, I was able to pray the Litany of Loreto for the intentions of many dear loved ones. 

https://www.vatican.va/special/rosary/documents/litanie-lauretane_en.html





It is AMAZING and a bit hard to think the Annunciation may have happened here.  I did feel a lot of peace praying within the house. And a few days later I was reading F.J. Sheed’s “To Know Christ Jesus” and I saw the illustration below… the similarity to the Holy House of Loreto which I had just seen struck me. 







From Loreto we drove up the Italian eastern coast and spent the night in Padua. The next morning we went to Mass at St. Anthony of Padua’s basilica and saw his tomb and relics. We then made the 6 hour drive back to Gaming. 

It was a blessed and wonderful conclusion to our pilgrimage to Italy!

No comments:

Post a Comment