Friday, November 19, 2021

Jack’s Homecoming

I’m still somewhat in disbelief that Jack is one week old!

He arrived last Saturday night at 9:43pm (after checking into the hospital at 9:26pm) three days ahead of his due date! He’s my first to arrive early; Francis was my earliest and he was 3 days late. Jack was 9lb, 1oz - just one ounce short of what Francis weighed at birth. So far I think those two boys look a lot alike… it’s like I’ve seen Jack before, but then I realize it’s Francis I’m picturing. 

Last Sunday my PCR Covid test came back positive. On Monday, it was negative - as was Jack’s. On Tuesday we left the hospital but had to go to an official testing station in Amstetten (about 40 minutes fron our house) to clear my name from the infectious list so that I didn’t have to isolate. You get tested in your car. The line of cars was loooooong - we waited in line for 2 hours & 40 minutes. I got my results on Wednesday and I was indeed negative. So we still don’t know if I had been exposed and immediately fought it off - or if it was somehow a false positive. Either way, very grateful to not be feeling sick during this first week with a newborn! Having nothing to do with sickness, I did pretty much isolate myself to my bedroom with Jack this week so that we could bond, rest and figure out nursing. 

And now we see what the “new normal” with five kids will be! We are living in the “new normal” of the pandemic - starting Monday all of Austria will be under lockdown again and they’ve announced mandatory vaccinations come February. As far as I know the kids can still go to school, so we’ll see how all this goes!!


Just so happy Jack ist da! (Jack is here!) 💙











The blue skoda, where I thought Jack might be born!



The backseat headrest, my dear friend on the ride to the hospital!













































Update: On November 29, Jack officially became a U.S. Citizen Born Abroad!




No comments:

Post a Comment