Sunday, May 9, 2021

Retreat at Maria Langegg

I (Courtney) went on a retreat by myself about an hour away at the Maria Langegg monastery.  

The monastery is run by the Beatitudes Community. The pilgrimage church there is Maria, Heil der Kranken (Virgin Mary, Salvation of the Sick). I joined three Sisters, a priest and a brother for Mass in their private chapel, and then lunch in their monastery. Then I took a two hour nap! When I woke up at was 4pm and I went on an hour walk to the castle ruins (see next post) along the Danube River!

I finished St. Therese’s “Story of a Soul” and definitely felt St. Therese’s presence in the pictures, statues, and beautiful  little flowers I saw during my retreat :)

Sunday morning I went to mass in the main church, then walked the path around the church, prayed and returned home to my family for Mother’s Day :)
































































No comments:

Post a Comment